Buying smallbore stock & action separately

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mom2-3shootingsons

Buying smallbore stock & action separately

Post by Mom2-3shootingsons »

My 3 sons are in their 3rd year of shooting. I still don't really know what we're doing yet & need some advice. The older 2 (13 & 16 yrs) got a smallbore gun last summer which they share. They are shooting enough now that we need to purchase another one & would like to buy an Anschutz barrel & action & put it in a Walther stock as they don't like the Anschutz stock. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Can a not very gun-savvy person do this? My brother is living in the Czech Republic at present & I am going to visit him next month & I was wondering if I might be able to buy a stock over there for less money than here. Any advice about this would also be appreciated. I learn a lot from reading your posts & I make my sons read them, too. Thanks for "listening".
DEAmiot

Stock and Barrelled action

Post by DEAmiot »

Yes, it is possible for an normal person to put an Anschutz barrelled action into the Walther stock, as long as it is a KK300 stock designed for the Anschutz action. All that is involved is screwing in the action. However, if you buy a stock that is not specifically designed for the action you want, it will probably take some machine work to make it fit. As fas as pricing in Czech republic, it may be cheaper, but there might be an import duty when you re-enter the US.

GO ARMY
David
TWP

Post by TWP »

Call Mac Tilton at mtguns.com

He has lots of used anschutz in stock and also offered me the option of the walther stock on anschutz actions on a recent purchase. I ended up going with an older anschutz for a cheaper option. But my daughter likes tha anschutz wood stocks.