P70 ALU ABSORBER

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

LOBO

P70 ALU ABSORBER

Post by LOBO »

HELLO!! Everybody,

i use a fwb p70 alu in India, resently i came to know that my rifles SHOCK absorber is damaged as the rifle used to jump after every live firing and my shots used to scatter, i checked with the athorised repairer. the rifle is almost two years old.
is there any way that i can replace the absorber from fwb? does anybody know its cost? what are the reasons for such problems?

any advice????

thank you.
Bobcat

Troublesome "shock-absorber" (compensator)

Post by Bobcat »

I am sorry that I have to inform that the absorber obviously is a week link in the FWB air rifles and pistols. The absorber is a simple tube sliding inside a tube construction that works ok at the beginning. But after some thousand shots wear takes its toll, and the action of the absorber becomes uneven. This again results in differing muzlelift from shot to shot. A "dispersion" og the shots at the target is the result.
The absorber can be dismantled and overhauled. Or better: replace it.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Does the shock absorber used on the P70 come apart? If so how? I have had mine off but am not sure if it screws together or is pressed or what.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

yes it can be taken apart! it requires two small screws to be fixed on to the gun! In the p70 modles the absorber is on the outer left side of the gun.but in latest modles like p700 it is in built,you can also remove it.

does anybody know its price if purchased from fwb directly?