Experiences with Walther LG300 alutec

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

msummers7

Experiences with Walther LG300 alutec

Post by msummers7 »

I was just wondering what people thought of the Walther LG 300. It it as good or as accurate as comperable Anschutz and FWB? Most of the top shooters in the world shoot these two companies, and world records are being set with thier rifles. Does that mean that competing companies make inferior rifles, or is it that there are so many Ans and FWBs out there. I am in the process of looking at a used Walther and just wanted to make sure that they measure up.
Matt E

Post by Matt E »

Sure, the LG 300 can be good. There are quite a few people who shoot them and the guns work well. However, I've also personally known quite a few people who have had velocity and accuracy problems with the LG300. The gun will start off shooting fine and perhaps a few months, or a year, later the gun is all over the place. It is a good gun if you're willing to take a chance on it.

On the other hand, Anschutz and FWB make a very good gun. I've hardly seen any of these guns that have been troublesome. Either one is good, mostly depends on how the stock and gun feel to you.

Hope this helps. Good luck!