riser block

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

riser block

Post by guest »

What is the use of riser blocks? ive seen the video in WC in Bankok it seem almost every body uses riser blocks...Im 5'55" asian what size shall i use in my rifle. thanks
Adam

Post by Adam »

People usually use riser blocks to allow them a more comfortable head position.

What size/kind should you use? The only person that can answer this question is you. Do you find your head position uncomfortable? Can you fix this by moving your sights or by modifying your cheek piece? Do you need to move your sights to the side or up, or a combination of both? Quite a few different manufacturers make riser blocks. Check our Gehmann and Centra. You really need to determine where you want to move them, then buy the riser blocks that allow you to move them to that position. Some are adjustable and some aren't, so it may or may not be an easy purchase depending on what you want/need to accomplish.

Do you know anyone that has riser blocks? If so ask if you can borrow them to try them.

I have riser blocks that bump my sights up a little. I then modified my cheek piece to allow my head more movement towards the center of the rifle. This way I didn't have to use offset riser blocks.