Creedmoor ISU leather shooting coat

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Robert

Creedmoor ISU leather shooting coat

Post by Robert »

I am interested in learning about Creedmoor's leather ISU coat. Is there anyone who owns one and like to share the comment?

How is this coat compared to the Europeans' shooting coats?

Thank you,
Robert
MadBatter

Leather coat

Post by MadBatter »

it is my understanding that those coats are illegal in smallbore and air rifle.... (me being no expert) but i do know that a couple people that post regularly on the florida highpower forum have them... so you may get more participation on your thread there.

link:
http://www.floridahighpower.com

go into the highpower section and post there, theyre for the most part very friendly, and almost always helpful beyond youre expectations!
Lee Sellers

Post by Lee Sellers »

Robert,

The Creedmore ISU coat is ISU legal. The other coats they offer do not meet international rules. I have no other information for you though, sorry.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Thank you guys,
Since there is not direct reply of usage comment for this Creedmoor ISU leather coat, how about if I divert the question in a different way?

Does tailored coat give a much significant better fit than the standard pattern cut coat in this form of shooting?

Robert
dschrankjr

Creedmoor coat

Post by dschrankjr »

Robert:
While the Creedmoor NRA coats (I have used one for highpower for a few years now) are top quality, their ISU coats are not as good as others on the market. The Creedmoor ISU coat is made of a very flexible material and is cut very generously. Both of these factors result in less support. I would recommend the off the rack Kustermann, Thune, and Anschutz jackets (Gehmann fits ok, but they tend not to hold up as well.)
Centershot Sports (centershot.com), Brenzovich (brenzovich.com), and Gunsmithing, Inc (nealjguns.com) would be the suppliers I would recommend. If you would like more info email me: dschrankjr@aol.com. Good luck, David.