Walther
No votes
Other
14%

Total votes: 14

Curt

FWB bloop tubes

Post by Curt »

Do non-company made bloop tubes exist with the right size threading for a FWB front sight? If so, where has them for sale and about how much do they cost?

Thanks,
Curt
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Curt,
What do you mean by right size threading for a FWB front sight?

Maybe I missed something, but are you inquiring about a sunshade? A bloop tube is a barrel extension that allows the front sight to be placed at a greater sight radius past the muzzle of the rifle.

Ken
Curt

bloop tube

Post by Curt »

I do mean a bloop tube, its just that FWB sights don't fit on the same groove thing as do Ans. sights.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Curt,
Thanks for the clarification. What you indicated is that you are comparing are the dovetail sizes for the FWB versus the Anschutz sites and how they mount to the tube, and yes they are different sizes.

If you are serious about prone shooting, the best way to go is with a two step sight base mounted on the top of the tube in drilled and tapped holes. Aftermarket tubes such as the Medesha ones already have the dovetail for the anschutz sight and also the holes drilled and tapped for the two standard hole spacings for bases.

I have used my Medesha tubes for over 10 years and I highly recommend them. Here is the web site: www.medeshafirearms.com
-ken
TomW

Post by TomW »

I found the Anschutz "bloop" tubes very good on my short barreled Anschutz 2013. Very good price, nicely made, very good fit.

I also got a tube form Varide Cicognani Works in Italy made to fit my new Lilja barrel which was of a different diameter to the Anschutz and the Cicognani tube is very nicely made, and fits beautifully. ther's only one catch. The price is high for countries other than European ones. Also he doesn't handle credit cards and the bank charges for telegraphic transfer of money to his bank in Italy are high at both ends. In the end I probably should have had one made here for me. It would have cost a lot less and would still have done the job. They are simple enough to make, if you have the right tools.

Also, a word of caution. The maker used FedEx to ship it to me. This turned out to be a saga of major proportions and ended up with my getting a package of plastic windmills and the gift shop in Melbourne, for whom they were intended, scratching its head and wondering what this funny looking tube was, when they were expecting windmills. What fun! I won't be using FedEx for any of my future shipments.

I told the FedEx management (and getting hold of them is an interesting exercise as well), that it would have been faster for the maker to have despatched the item by a caravan of lame camels, travelling by way of the Taklamakhan Desert in Central Asia. I think they are still trying to figure that one out, judging from the deafening silence since I sent the letter.
Tom

Bloop Tube

Post by Guest »

Contact Bill Earnest, 570-898-4956, he makes a great tube to fit your gun and will also supply any type of front base that you want. The adapter is indexed to return to the same position when you remove it and the clamping section is offset. Very nice workmanship and very nice man.

Post by Guest »

Does Bill Earnest have a web site?
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

At this time, Bill does not have a web site.
bmbmbmbmbm

Post by bmbmbmbmbm »

Benny1813, could you give me some additional photo's about the extension tube of Medesha firearms? I am thinking about bying one but the pic's on the site aren't very clear. Please send them to tytannl@hotmail.com. Thank you!
StevenWatterson

Bloop tubes

Post by StevenWatterson »

You might also try http://www.croytec.co.uk/Croytube.htm.

John (Croydon)'s tubes are made to measure.