Rifle Scope

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Dave Simons

Rifle Scope

Post by Dave Simons »

I want to buy a scope for an Anschutz 1903 and would like to stay under $300.00. I am currently looking at the Weaver Classic V Series 4x16x42, it will focus down to 50 feet or under and seems to have an adequate power range, but can’t decide between the Fine Crosshair Reticle or Dot Reticle. I am leaning toward the dot.

Any thoughts on which reticle or whether the Weaver is a reasonable scope to by in that price range.

Thanks
Dave
Spencer C

Re: Rifle Scope

Post by Spencer C »

Dave Simons wrote:I want to buy a scope for an Anschutz 1903 and would like to stay under $300.00. I am currently looking at the Weaver Classic V Series 4x16x42, it will focus down to 50 feet or under and seems to have an adequate power range, but can’t decide between the Fine Crosshair Reticle or Dot Reticle. I am leaning toward the dot.

Any thoughts on which reticle or whether the Weaver is a reasonable scope to by in that price range.

Thanks
Dave

Neither of these reticules are suitable for ISSF Running Target

Post by Guest »

Make sure you can SEE whatever reticle is available. Some folks have a hard time seeing the fine crosshairs.

Can't comment on the brand, have seen some 50 ft shooters using Tasco too. (and liking it). See if you can find any repeatability data - when you crank the knobs for, say 50 yds, does it return to 50 ft OK. That's real important for metal silhouette, but maybe not for what you'll be doing.

Post by Guest »

I have that particular scope and like it. I use a dot as I think it's easier to concentrate one's focus on a distinct point rather than an indistinct "area" where the lines cross (granted the area is small).

I should mention I use this scope on a .220 Swift rifle shooting Shilouette and High Power Sporting Rifle. The application is not the same, but I think the visual issues are.