Fair price

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Curt

Fair price

Post by Curt »

What is a fair price to pay for a FWB 2600 w/ about 4 years of use? It has been rebarreled in stainless and has the FWB sights on it. I need an in-all-honesty opinion here. Thanks.
Curt
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Curt: I know which one you are looking at and I think that is a fair price. About a year or two ago I would say $900-$1000. That was when the dollar was strong and new rifles were much cheaper. I bought a new 1907 about two years ago for about $1300. That same rifle is now I think $1800+/-. Because of this people are not buying new rifles as much and used rifles are a little more expensive. Also the one you are inquiring about was rebarreled by Karl Kenyon who is considered by many to be one of the best smallbore gunsmiths in the country. Considering this I think $1100 is a good price.
Curt

That was quick

Post by Curt »

Well thanks for the speedy reply! I wanna know how you knew about this already and how you knew what he is asking for it. I was not sure how good this new barrel was, which is why I was unsure of the price that was put on it. Thanks again.
Curt
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Curt: I saw the response to your post on the PA smallbore site. Check your PM.
Curt

Post by Curt »

Very tricky.