giving up the search for a gun

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

uaetcoj

giving up the search for a gun

Post by uaetcoj »

sigh ... i want a ssp 10m rifle, but everything is expensive and i also shoot left-handed. i've given up looking for a decent used left-handed ssp 10m air rifle.

is the daisy 753 any good? documentation says the trigger is adjustable. sights any good? anyone ever shoot these?

thanks
uaetcoj
Jay V

Re: giving up the search for a gun

Post by Jay V »

uaetcoj wrote:sigh ... i want a ssp 10m rifle, but everything is expensive and i also shoot left-handed. i've given up looking for a decent used left-handed ssp 10m air rifle.

is the daisy 753 any good? documentation says the trigger is adjustable. sights any good? anyone ever shoot these?

thanks
uaetcoj
I'm not familar with a ssp, but the Daisy 753 is a single-stroke pneumatic, most suited to junior air rifle training. It is the same gun as the 853, but with better sights and stock design.

For any serious 3P or air rifle shooting there are much better choices, mainly a gun that is CO2 or pre-charged air powered and is designed as an adult 10M competition gun. FWB, Steyr, Anschutz, or Walther are your top choices.

Jay V
uaetcoj

my original post still holds true

Post by uaetcoj »

ssp=single-stroke pneumatic

like i said, i don't have a great deal of money, i shoot left handed, and i am looking for an ssp or a springer (like the fwb300). not looking for co2, pcp, or a $1500+ 10m air rifle. i cannot afford that kind of equipment. i shoot informally and anyone w/ experience or suggestions would be welcome.

thanks
uaetcoj
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Check the Daisy sight and look for the Valiant. The stock is ambi, but the bolt is more right handed. One of the shooter's that we compete with uses one and he's a lefty. He flicks the bolt open with his left thumb and that seems to work well. The Valiant is air, not CO2, but for $400-$440 is a good deal. It will get you all 10's, just not 10.9's

Mike
Wichita KS
Jim E

Post by Jim E »

Buy a FWB300 or Diana75 for $600 or so. It will provide you great equipment to shot, train, learn and compete --- then if you want to step up --- you can sell them for what you paid or more (considering the Euro v. USD).
uaetcoj

once again

Post by uaetcoj »

i'd love to buy a 300 or 75 or 55. unfortunately, i havent had any luck finding a left handed gun. that's my whole problem.

uaetcoj
Jim E

Post by Jim E »

I am be able to help you with a L/H FWB 300S. Contact me at --- troumd@earthlink.net

Jim
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

You should put a post here for an anschutz, fwb, or steyr SSP. These guns are considered undesireable by the serious 10m shooters and are too new to be sought by the collectors (as the fwb 300 and similar). I bet if you put a post in a few places- starting here you might turn one up for $600 or so.
Bill Poole

FWB 300

Post by Bill Poole »

FWB 300's are sought by collectors?!?!?!?

WHERE do i find these collectors?

what is a fair price?

Poole
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Right here or on www.airguns.net. I sold a FWB 600 about a month ago for $650 for a buddy and last week I sold an as new anschutz 2002 SSP for $750 (both RH). It seems to me I see nice FWB 300's which are a generation older for $500-$600 pretty often. I just looked over on airguns.net and I see there is a 300 for sale for $695.
uaetcoj

re fwb300's

Post by uaetcoj »

there is a group on yahoo for fans of the fwb300. it's a good source for older 10m air rifles. they are often listed for sale there, along w/ diana 75 and hw55's and the like. owners have posted pictures of their guns too. very knowledgable bunch re value and maintenance.

uaetcoj
Pat McCoy

RWS 75 left

Post by Pat McCoy »

For Sale: RSW model 75S left hand air rifle .177 cal side action 580 f.p.s. 10" inch barrel 11 lbs. adj. rear sights and adj. recoil pad $575.00 shipped low book 935 have pictures by request it is in excellent cond. Asking $575.00. Contact Dave Buhler at aanine@comcast.net or call 801-231-0854 (MST). (ad# 1871 submitted on 4/4)
Coach Bob

left hand Daisy Valiants

Post by Coach Bob »

one the reasons we bought the Daisy valiant is because they are so easy to switch back and forth for left hand and right hand users. it only takes slight loosening of the allen nut at the back of the bolt and your action is left handed. Of course, the stock must also be cut to allow the bolt work on this side. I know I heard from Scott once before that he did'nt know why this was not made into the prodcution guns, since it was on the prototypes