AR Sight Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

deleted1

AR Sight Question

Post by deleted1 »

I am not new to shooting ( that's for sure) but this will be the first AR I buy and I am looking at Anschutz---I see there are different sight sets offered---now bring an old foof up to date----what am I looking for as to sights for the 2002CA???? H-m-m-m-m-m???
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Back Sight:
Pretty much any anschutz back sight they have made since the beginning will work. I have had two anschutz air rifles and I have one of each of their sights. I did have one of the current production cantable rear sights on it and decided that was a waste. I remove and reinstall the sight every time the gun goes in the case and when I put the sight back on it is still zeroed. I now put one of the cheaper anschutz cast aluminum rear sights on and it suits me just as well as the higher end one.

Front Sight:
10 or more years ago anschutz went from a unertl type barrel block to a dovetail milled into the barrel. They use this on both their new smallbore rifles and their air rifles. Because if this you need to get one of the new style front sights. #6832 I think is the number.