Russian ammo

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BM

berrykooiman@hotmail.com

Post by BM »

Hey guys/girls,
I watched the national eam of Russia and Belarus shooting and the shot with Olimp-R ammo. I didn't heard of this brand before. Does anyone know where you can buy this???
Thanks in advance.

BM
BM

Russian ammo

Post by BM »

Hey guys/girls,
I watched the national eam of Russia and Belarus shooting and the shot with Olimp-R ammo. I didn't heard of this brand before. Does anyone know where you can buy this???
Thanks in advance.

BM
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

Olimp-R, Temp, Sniper and Junior were all available several years ago. It was all great shooting ammo at a great price. Not sure if the US stopped importation or if Russia stopped making it or exporting it but none of this ammo has been available for a couple of years.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
E Kuney

Post by E Kuney »

Could be wrong but I had thought that all that was SK Jagd production? (At least I'm pretty sure that 'Junior' was.)
If so, with the changes in politics and monetary values in Germany -- and since SK is no longer 'inside the fence' -- that old pricing will never return.
BM

Post by BM »

But nobody knows which dealer/distributor sells Olimp-R ammunition??? Or do you know a website/adress in another country that sells this stuff???

Good shooting!!!

Post by Guest »

A long while back, Jack Foster of Montana (& USAMTU fame :^) sold the stuff. He has since closed his business (Accuracy International). Never saw the ammo again. It was truly direct from Russia - not repackaged by any other company. I think the Olymp (and Temp?) came in giant tin cans like canned hams do.

Was its import to the USA somehow tied up with the Clinton gun bans, and importing "arms" from Russia?? Hmmm, my memory fails me.
Chris

russian ammo

Post by Chris »

I still have about 800 rounds of Olymp-R. That stuff shoots some tight groups. I did buy a cases of the stuff when you could get it. It would come in a wooden crate with two tins inside. I was cleaning parts of the garage a few days ago and found the opener that came with the ammo.
michael

Post by michael »

If you have 800 rounds - save them for windy days. Olymp is considered the best ammo in wind.
Ken J

Olymp

Post by Ken J »

Folks,
I just returned from the IWA show in Nurnburg. I was surprised to see the ruskys still selling Olymp. I thought it was dead. Apparently not so. Somebody should contact Bart Eaton at Zanders if they're interested in russian stuff. On second thought, if someone were interested in good .22 ammo, it might be recommended to contact Federal Cartridge. The dollar's down and the Euro's up. That means prices are up for ammo in the US. Federal just might bite. However, if I were you, I'd steer clear of it all and just shoot what's the best.... Eley.
The typical thrifty American buys the best gun, the best equipment, the best of everything, then hopes his/her Walmart "bucket o' bullets" will shoot well. Sorry Charlie. Wanna play, you gotta pay. Unless of course, you're just into this shooting game for fun and comraderie. Then, run whatcha brung.