Need onfo on Walther KK or FWB rifles,Anschutz Alum. stocks

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Landry260

Need onfo on Walther KK or FWB rifles,Anschutz Alum. stocks

Post by Landry260 »

I am looking to buy a new Walther KK 200 or FWB smallbore rifle w/ aluminum stock. I have tried out the Walther and liked it, but no one
around here has an FWB 2602.
I currently shoot an Anschutz 1813 but find the pistol grip to small for my larg hands. there aluminum stock looks like it has the adj. I need but is week
behind the pistol grip and will brake there.
If anybody has experiance with the KK200's or the FWB 2602's on how they shoot and problems with them it will be a big help.
Has there been trouble with the Anschutz aluminum stocks braking behind
the pistol grip.
thanks for any help.
Stephen
coolcruiser

FWB2602SM

Post by coolcruiser »

FWIW my 2602SM is a delight to shoot. I have the 24mm long barrel. My primary use is winter league smallbore indoor 4P and this gun is a true joy to use. The primary adjustments on the cheekpiece and buttplate are via knobs, so minimal tool use is necessary. Once the butt and cheek are set up, raising and lowering, extending are very easily done with the knobs. I also appreciated that the buttplate rotates up-down very easily. The aluminum stock is beautifully done. I originally was intending to buy an alum Anschutz but the complexity of adjustment to the stock took too much time for the type of shooting that I do. Pilkington guns should be able to get you a FWB...I am not sure who the authorized FWB importer is in the US.
HTH
Tom
SZK

FWB 2602

Post by SZK »

I too have a FWB 2602 long barrel in aluminum stock. Absolutely love it. Shoots great, and is a joy to use. I researched quite a bit before buying one, and found some great reviews. I believe you can purchase one from Don Nygord. Highly recommended!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I am very happy with my KK200. No problems with the stock and Walther makes the best factory trigger available.
topshot

Re: Need onfo on Walther KK or FWB rifles,Anschutz Alum. sto

Post by topshot »

Landry260 wrote:Has there been trouble with the Anschutz aluminum stocks braking behind the pistol grip.
In short, yes. That is the weak point of their stocks. They normally break with airline travel but I know of one that broke while in prone. This isn't to suggest they break a lot, but I'd buy a Walther or FWB stock anyday over the Anschutz. Both are beefier and look nicer to boot.
LANDRY260

THANK YOU FOR YPUR HELP

Post by LANDRY260 »

I thank all of you for your info on these rifles. I will be going with the Walther PM it will fit me better them the FWB.
Thanks again
Stephen