What Do You Use To Carry Your Equipment?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hip's Ax

What Do You Use To Carry Your Equipment?

Post by Hip's Ax »

Greetings, I've just now returned from my first 3P following International rules. Now that I've got the Anschutz shoes and the bulky ISU jacket my old duffle bag isn't big enough, I can't fit my matt, kneeling roll or palm rest in what was once a perfect size bag. What do you folks use? I checked where I bought my current bag 4 or 5 years ago and not only do they not have a bigger one, they don't even carry this one any longer. Thank You For Your Time.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

A hockey bag works great.
DEAmiot

Pelican makes awesome cases

Post by DEAmiot »

Depending on how much you want to spend, and how much gear you have, I recommend the Pelican 1650 case. It is, without question, the most durable, indestructable piece of plastic mankind has ever created. It is pricey, but if you fly or travel a lot or have an enormous amount of gear, or if you want it well protected, this is the case. Even if you dont have that much gear, I still recommend it because it will keep everything in perfect condition while you travel. water and air tight. It has wheels, and will float in salt water with 100 lbs of gear inside.

Otherwise, i would get a big wheeled suitcase. Whatever you do, get something with wheels.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

I checked out the Pelican, nice but its too small. I will need something like this eventually as I plan on shooting Bisley in '05. The hockey bag looks like the ticket, man is that thing huge! Thanks folks!
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

There's a LOT of equipment in shooting rifle. And over time you will collect even more. You did not mention the rifle and scope stands. Look at something big and then get the next size up, as you will be adding more stuff later (remember Murphy).

I don't have an outfit, and I have to cary things on a luggage cart. I have a large bag I got on a trip in Germany that has wheels, that makes it a LOT easier to move about than carrying all that weight on your shoulders. It might be a LONG walk from the car to the range, and wheels are so much easier.

Gary
Jay V

Re: What Do You Use To Carry Your Equipment?

Post by Jay V »

Hip's Ax wrote:Greetings, I've just now returned from my first 3P following International rules. Now that I've got the Anschutz shoes and the bulky ISU jacket my old duffle bag isn't big enough, I can't fit my matt, kneeling roll or palm rest in what was once a perfect size bag. What do you folks use? I checked where I bought my current bag 4 or 5 years ago and not only do they not have a bigger one, they don't even carry this one any longer. Thank You For Your Time.
Champion's Choice has large equipment bags also. They are black nylon soft-sided - simple and reasonable, but no protection for the equipment. They have worked well for our juniors, but we are transporting the equipment ourselves.

Jay V

Post by Guest »

I use a cheap suitcase. Just went and got the biggest one i could find with wheels. Works great, and I have a bunch of stuff.
(guest)

Junk bag

Post by (guest) »

Just go to Wal-Mart or somthing and look around. I got my equipment bag from Wal-mart and it is great.
My equipment bag is blue and has wheels, but is hard to get up and down steps.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I use a Mountain Equipment Coop duffle bag on wheels - www.mec.ca (look under packs - duffle bags). It's great, large enough for all my 3P gear, it has wheels and it can turn into a backpack, which you would need in Bisley. I've had it for 3+ years, travel lots and its still in great shape.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Most of our group is using the Champion's Choice tripod spotting scope stands. Does anyone know how long the box is for that? I'm looking at the 1650 Pelican, another brand like it, and Hockey bags. The inside of the Pelican if I remember right is 22.25 inches. Will your spotting scope stand fit in there?

I'm looking to get the spotting scope stand next and just use it for Bullseye too. I already have a couple of the MTM Pistol / range cases. Top holds the pistols, bottom holds ammo and cleaning stuff.

Thanks

Mike
Wichita KS
Ken J

bag

Post by Ken J »

Hip,
You might want to look at the padded bag from Creedmore Sports. My wife and I have had ours for years. They work well, and pad your stuff. Room for everything, and it's got built in shoulder straps for lugging around. That being said, I've got a pellican for my gear. I've used it since 1998. Been around the world many times. I've never had a problem with it, except the wheels (which were replaced for free by Pellican). My offhand stand, scope stand, scope, butt plates, ammo, boots, pants, jacket, cleaning supplies, sling, kneeling roll, kitchen sink, all fit. No kidding. Now, I have seen the smaller pellican, almost cube like. That's not the one I've got. I would recommend the pelican.

Ken J
shootingal

Post by shootingal »

i just have a cheap 30 in rolling suitcase from jcpenny's it works great for all my 3p air and sb gear i reccomend jsut getting a large suitcase cheap and using it cause when it wears out there cheap enought ot just throw away and get a new one dont expect to fit your mat in ther get one with a strap on the outsid and it will carry it nicly just whatever you do get wheels they will save you