P70 Vs LG100

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

P70 Vs LG100

Post by Guest »

Any pros cons on either or are both equal?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

From strictly a fit/shootability standpoint the standard "which ever one fits better" would apply. In our club we have about 6 people using fwb p70's. From my limited experience I have come to view the FWB p70 and anschutz 2002ca's (we have a few of those too) to be very reliable. Of course my experience is based on a very limited sample.
Last edited by pdeal on Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Len_R

Re: P70 Vs LG100

Post by Len_R »

I have the P-70 alum, the LG 100 and now the P-700...I would say that the LG is probably the best for my shooting style. I used to be a huge fan of the FWB guns but with the recent advent of the p 700, I am a confirmened steyr guy.

The only downside to the steyr that I can see is the barrel attachment to the frame of the gun, but by far it's a lot better than the 700 and a good bit better than the p-70. ( I rate the p-70 a bit better than the 700) for my shooting.
Ryan Tanoue

Post by Ryan Tanoue »

The difference in the rifles really depends on you. No one gun(yes....even the new ones ahg9003 and fwb p700) will give anyone an advantage over the next guy. ive been to my fair share of matches and have seen people win/medal with all different brands/models of rifles. Honestly in my opinion, i think the p-70 is one of the best air rifles you can buy, but thats just me, im fwb guy. you just need to decide that you can be the best with whatever equipment you decide on using.
ryan
Gunnar

LG-100 comment

Post by Gunnar »

I own Steyr LG-100. Only reason I purchased it is because it was newer on the market than P70, which was my other choice.
So far, it is a very comfortable rifle.
If there is one complaint, it is the rifle's capability of disassembling into three pieces. I find it cumbersome to pull it apart to fit into the Steyr bag that I got, and don't like the scratches, wear and tear, that I get everytime I put it back together and pull it apart.
I am also not a big fan of the bumble bee color on the wooden pieces.
I think I decided to purchase LG-100, because I enjoyed LP-10 from steyr and many similar features and quality from Steyr is known to me.
Also, I don't like the rifle name the portion that says "Mannlicher". I, personally, know that isn't "man licker", but ignorant people never miss it.
Also, the price is great. I know that P70 is available at lower price with wooden stock, but aluminum just looks so much cooler.