LG-100 Accessories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Gunnar

LG-100 Accessories

Post by Gunnar »

What kind of sights would fit this rifle?
Are most optics interchangeable with most air rifles?

And where can I purchase the front sight inserts.
Dan Hankins

LG-100 sights

Post by Dan Hankins »

The front sight dove tails on the LG-100 are narrow, compared to most other 10 m rifles. So if you are trying to find after market front sights, you will need to specify that you have the LG-100. I think Centra offers front sights.

One of the best buys on sights for the LG-100 can be found on our Host's web sight, listed in the "specials" section. These are new rifle take offs that were not neede by some of the folks that converted the LG-100 to Field Target use. Pilkington can also get riser blocks for the LG-100.

The front sight will accept the Anschutz style 18mm front sight inserts, so inserts are available from a number of suppliers.

As far as I know almost any rear sight used on 10 m rifles will fit.

I have owned an LG-100 and found the original equipment sights to work very well, and they are the ones I mentioned as on special at Pilkington's.

Hope tthis helps.

Respectffully,
Dan Hankins
Gunnar

More Q's

Post by Gunnar »

Thank you Dan, I found your information to be most helpful.
I do have the original sights that came with the rifle from PilkGuns. I am just trying to change the rear sight, and wanted to know if I should change the front one as well.

I have noticed that there are different size inserts available on the market. Will you describe the reason for size difference?

And what is the reason adjustable iris for the rear sight?

Thank you
Len_R

Re: More Q's

Post by Len_R »

Different front inserts for different personal preferences of shooting, soem are round some are triangles, some are clear disks, some are opaque disks, some are posts, cross hatches, you name it.
The clear disks are nice because there is no other distraction, no adjoining metal bits to distract you, the disks are cut for different events and for different styles of personal preference. I like a disk with as little white around the cernter bull as possible on a 10 meter course, some like more white and use a bigger front hole cut.

As to the rear iris, same thing, more light, less light, bigger sight value or lesser in terms of light let in.
If you are used to a specific view of your front sight with your lighting condiditons and move to a range that is brighter or darker, the adjustable iris can ballance some of the light value.
acet

I like the 22mm front sight on FWB's...

Post by acet »

...and have put one on my LG100 with brass shims. It's been over two years and it holds well.