Does the newer Anschutz 54 action fit into older stock?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Southpaw

Does the newer Anschutz 54 action fit into older stock?

Post by Southpaw »

I have a 1407 stock and I'm wondering if the new style "54" Anschutz action and trigger guard will fit the inletting without modification? The action I have in mind to transplant is a short barrelled silhouette barrel/action. I haven't bought the action yet. A bloop tube would also be in order to extend the sight radius.
Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Southpaw
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

New action in old stock should work fine. I have done it with no trouble. Trigger guard and bedding screws need to be for the 1407 stock though. They have used various trigger guards over the years and the stock bolt lengths change for different stocks as well. If you need a 1407 trigger guard you should be able to track one down with some looking. Stock bolts are available from Neal J.
Southpaw

The barrel/action deal fell through anyway!

Post by Southpaw »

I've been looking for the 1407 trigger guard for awhile now, without success.
The deal for the 54 action fell through anyway so for now I'll just shoot what I have. Makes sense, huh!
Thanks pdeal.

Southpaw
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

There are (were maybe) some anschutz trigger guards on ebay. Also look on Neal J's site. Seems there were some there too. I always do an "anschutz" search on ebay to see if there are any useful parts for sale.