Anschutz 2001CA vs 2002CA

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Anschutz 2001CA vs 2002CA

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to figure out what Anschutz did on the 2002CA vs 2001. I know I read a post of someone explaining the difference, but I can't seem to find that post. Can someone give me what the basic differences are between them.

thank
Gary
Curt Ingersoll

The Difference

Post by Curt Ingersoll »

Good Questions, I saved the following response -

Anschutz 2001 vs 2002
By Michael Ray
The overall length of the 2002 was shorter by about an inch. The action was what was shorter as well so the sight radius was reduced, which seems odd to me.
They also changed the breech / loading gate mechanism. On the 2001, after it was cocked and pellet inserted, you had to pull back on the breech and let it slide forward. You could not open the breech any other way so you could not check to see if you had loaded a pellet or to leave it open (without cocking it) if the range required that for safety.
The 2002 has a lever you can lift up, which slides the breech back so you could make it safe or check for a pellet. This would also flip up when you cocked it and you simply flipped the lever down to close it.
Supposedly the 2001 design was prone to failure though we never had trouble with 2 of them but did have trouble with both our 2002.
You were also supposed to use the 6804 rear sight, which had a shorter base and only one base screw. You could use other sights though.
Likely not an issue for you, but the 2002 also came in a true LH version.

Good Shooting,
Curt Ingersoll
SMGC Rifle Coach
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Thanks Curt
I'll copy it to my computer, so I'll have the next time I start to wonder about it.

Gary