Visor Touching with Rear sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ali zafar

Visor Touching with Rear sight

Post by Ali zafar »

Hi, is anybody tell me about the rule of Visor touching with Rear sight of Rifle. Is it allow or prohibited in ISSF Rule?
As you can see the Sidi Peter's photo.
And what about the Rule no. 7.5.8.8 (Visor or Cap)
A cap or visor may be worn, but it must not touch or rest on the rear sight (must be visibly free of the sight) while the athlete is shooting. The cap or visor may extend forward of the athlete’s forehead no more than 80 mm and may not be worn in a way that makes it a side blinder.

IF i want to try this position of Visor, is it okay or prohibited? (See Sergey Richer's photo)

Thank you!
Attachments
032_AR60.jpg
024_AR60.jpg
Last edited by Ali zafar on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Modena

Re: Visor Touching with Rear sight

Post by Modena »

Hi, I asked this question recently to the ISSF directly via email, because the rules state that it is prohibited. The reply I got from the ISSF is that the rule is correct, stands as currently written, and it will be enforced as required. Even though in any youtube ISSF match footage you will see visors touching rear sights.

What I take this to mean, because it seems to be ignored, is that they will determine to apply the rule if they believe that the competitor is gaining an unfair advantage, but that is just my take on it.
craigo

Post by craigo »

I was on a rifle jury at Ft Benning a few years ago and one of my allocated tasks was to tell shooters if their visior or cap touches the sight. i also told their coach why i approached their shooter firstly for courtesy and they all have debriefs.
In 3p you need to check each position

So yes the jury does check
badwrench5150

Post by badwrench5150 »

We just finished the Spring Selection Match at Ft. Benning and the rule for visors was spelled out by the head RO as they must see light between the sight and visor or it will DQ the shooter or at least deduct points.

When looked at with head straight the visor should appear level with the ground. I fish mouthed my sons visor to clear rear sight. But I would expect the ISSF to completely do away with them soon.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

I thought the whole point of "ISSF approving" those floppy neoprene visors is they dont offer any support if they do touch.