FWB sight rail conversion

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

badwrench5150

FWB sight rail conversion

Post by badwrench5150 »

My Son has an 2017 FWB800x and he dislikes the Vario Sight it came with. I want to buy the Tec Hro precise rear sight but the FWB Rail version is backordered forever it seems.

Are there risers that will convert the OEM FWB rear sight rail dove tail to an Anschutz deminsion rail? Or a replacement rail of Anschutz deminsion that is flat and will bolt down to the original sight carrier?

Newbie oppologies as I'm just a Dad trying to learn this sport.

He shoots for the Ware County Rifle Team in Waycross Ga,
dc.fireman

Re: FWB sight rail conversion

Post by dc.fireman »

Wrench -

I use the Centra "Track Max" 4mm offset risers front & rear on my FWB 2700 Alu; it has allowed me to mount many sight combinations on the rifle, both Anschutz & Tec-Hro. I use the plain-Jane, low end base Tec-Hro sight for smallbore.

Hope this helps.

-tc
badwrench5150

Post by badwrench5150 »

Thank you for helping a newbie! I'll look those up tonight. On the same subject but different rifle, I have discovered through a few observations lately that I will also need risers for his 2700 FWB SM too. maybe theseyou mentioned will help there too.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

dc.fireman wrote:Wrench -

I use the Centra "Track Max" 4mm offset risers front & rear on my FWB 2700 Alu; it has allowed me to mount many sight combinations on the rifle, both Anschutz & Tec-Hro. I use the plain-Jane, low end base Tec-Hro sight for smallbore.

Hope this helps.

-tc
Is the 4mm track block new? I thought the Track Max was 22mm. Or did you mean you'd added 4mm to the base height.
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

Tim S wrote:
dc.fireman wrote:Wrench -

Hope this helps.

-tc
Is the 4mm track block new? I thought the Track Max was 22mm. Or did you mean you'd added 4mm to the base height.
These are what I use; they add approximately 4mm of rise to my sight line, plus the ability to offset it by quite a bit more:

http://centershot.com/images/products/centra8.jpg
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

dc.fireman wrote: These are what I use; they add approximately 4mm of rise to my sight line, plus the ability to offset it by quite a bit more:

http://centershot.com/images/products/centra8.jpg
Those look a lot like the standard 9mm high track blocks.

These are Track Max blocks: http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog/ce ... Path=44_21