need more weight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

need more weight

Post by Ltdave »

on my daughters RIFLE, not on ME...

currently shooting an 8002S2, and shooting it lights out...

it tips the scales NOW at 4.7kg. 800g under the max of 5.5kg...

we have 3 barrel weights on it, and every last nook and cranny under the cheek piece filled with wheel weights...

its a wooden stock so im thinking of milling out a pocket in the bottom of the stock (the rail only runs 1/2 the length of the stock and there is about 7" of space for this pocket) and filling it with an ingot of lead. there's a 1-3/4lb (28oz) difference in current v maximum weight so im leaning toward 1lb to start. Id prefer to have some wiggle room, in case someone's scale is off...

whats everyone think about this? i know the daughter would love a new air rifle but thats not in the budget in the near future. i think if she had to choose, she would pick the "old" air rifle and continue to have insurance on the car she drives v "new" rifle and having to walk or bum rides...
TenMetrePeter

Re: need more weight

Post by TenMetrePeter »

I would have thought the 8002 S2 air rifle is unbeatable for all but the most elite.
Just wondering why extra weight in the middle will help with stability. I prefer to load equally front and back as you have done and it seems plenty heavy enough already.