MEC Shot App - question on usage

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

FireHawk

MEC Shot App - question on usage

Post by FireHawk »

Downloaded the app for my droid and it works well. Was wondering of anyone has figured out a way to export the data to know the location [and #] of each shot. I know I can use the app to see that the 3rd shot was a 9.9 at 10 o'clock, but would like to find an easier way to get that info.

Thinking maybe:
1. Pic for each shot
2. X & Y coordinates for each shot
etc...

thnx,
m1963

Re: MEC Shot App - question on usage

Post by m1963 »

Greetings- the MEC app has not been updated for ios products for some time. Many of our shooters switched to Targetscan. Perhaps it has what you need. There is an Android version.

http://www.targetshootingapp.com

Cheers!
FireHawk

Post by FireHawk »

Can you manually add shots with targetscan?
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Yes, it is a bit different than MEC shot, though. You take a photo of the target and the application scores it automatically. Or, you correct the scanned shot if it is off. Finally, you can correct individual shots afterward- if there was an error. We find there a very few errors when either white paper or the light table are used behind the target.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Take care if you have Android. Target scan for Android was never as good as iOS version when I used it and if you use 5 diagram rifle cards you need to take 5 photos per card. Life can be too short. Also data handling is a lot better on the iOS version so ask a droid user. Also the ability to correct bad scans is a sign of weakness to me not an advantage because that means checking every scanned shot. Use a ball pen and notepad!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Greetings-

thank you for providing information about the Android version. No one we shoot with uses it. We have found the developer to be very responsive to our questions and suggestions, and he has several of our suggestions that he is working on adding or correcting, now. Have the Android problems been reported to the developer? Also, as an FYI, we rarely find a need to correct the scanned scores. When choosing between a $2-$3 grand, plus electronic target, or $20-$30 dollar application on ios- most choose the latter.

Cheers!

COYS!, even if they are ‘Spursy,’ right now.
m1963
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

I've been kicking around the idea of making a club tabletop target camera with a permanently installed camera and front illumination and a backlight for the targets for use with Targetscan.
A clubhouse server that ran the software and gave access to the scans and results through individual apps would be a cool feature IMO as well.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
Modena

Post by Modena »

SlartyBartFast wrote:I've been kicking around the idea of making a club tabletop target camera with a permanently installed camera and front illumination and a backlight for the targets for use with Targetscan.
A clubhouse server that ran the software and gave access to the scans and results through individual apps would be a cool feature IMO as well.
you can buy software that hooks to a large format scanner and will do this for you, they use it in benchrest.
GeraldC

Post by GeraldC »

SlartyBartFast wrote:I've been kicking around the idea of making a club tabletop target camera with a permanently installed camera and front illumination and a backlight for the targets for use with Targetscan.
That would be a good idea for a finals type indoor competition where the shots could be scored on the fly.I looked at it for 50m outdoor but shots didn't show up bright enough.Perhaps a very good scope with 100mm front lens and white behind target would work. http://www.konus.com/en/Catalogue/Outdo ... 20-60X100/ This would be ideal for money
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Modena wrote:
you can buy software that hooks to a large format scanner and will do this for you, they use it in benchrest.
And those large format scanners cost a fortune.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607