Anschutz Torque Wrench 4405 - adaptor to Slotted Bolts

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

beats

Anschutz Torque Wrench 4405 - adaptor to Slotted Bolts

Post by beats »

I have just bought an Anschutz 4405 Torque Wrench but didn't realise it takes 8mm Hex bits and not the normal UK 1/4" ones. I was hoping to just slot in a standard sized, straight screw driver bit as my rifle has slotted bedding bolts.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy an adapter or the correct bit in the uk? (or even the name of the part that i should be searching for?)

Tried the mighty B & Q tonight but only got blank stares and shrugs from the sales assistants.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
RobStubbs

Re: Anschutz Torque Wrench 4405 - adaptor to Slotted Bolts

Post by RobStubbs »

beats wrote:I have just bought an Anschutz 4405 Torque Wrench but didn't realise it takes 8mm Hex bits and not the normal UK 1/4" ones. I was hoping to just slot in a standard sized, straight screw driver bit as my rifle has slotted bedding bolts.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy an adapter or the correct bit in the uk? (or even the name of the part that i should be searching for?)

Tried the mighty B & Q tonight but only got blank stares and shrugs from the sales assistants.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Try one of the shops that supplies Anschutz. I bought my last one from Surrey guns and they are pretty helpful. Or try the anschutz importer maybe ?

Or for retail shops, try wickes or screwfix. Take the wrench in with you if you go to a store.

Rob.
Colin

Post by Colin »

try B&Q again, just get the screwdriver with the interchangeable heads, they normally come with a selection of different ones and a extension bar.
The one I have is a Stanley one, just tried the bits it in my Anschutz wrench and they fit fine
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

I had to get a 5mm hex bit for my Anschutz torque wrench from the interweb and it has a 5/16" shank.

These impact driver bits might work:

http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=15189
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=15190

or Google - Draper 10460 bit

K.
beats

Post by beats »

Thanks guys.

Ended up having a brilliant bit of luck. Called into a local tool shop and the guy was firing through brochures to order in the part for me when he remembered a friend of his that might have one.

In the end his friend calibrated the wrench (with the relevant printouts that il never need!) and welded an 8mm allen key cutting into a socket fitting for me. I now have my own converter that will take any 1/4" bit fitting and a calibrated wrench for £10 so i'm happy :)

I might never need to change the head in it but I'm happy knowing that if any of my club members need to use it all they have to do is bring their own bit if its not covered by the Anschutz one or the slotted head attachment that i'm using!
tqb

Re: Anschutz Torque Wrench 4405 - adaptor to Slotted Bolts

Post by tqb »

Hi,

This might seem odd, but does anyone have the instruction manual for this torque wrench (4405)?