WINTER AIRGUN

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jhmartin

WINTER AIRGUN

Post by jhmartin »

I just want to pass along something that most probably do not realize.

WAG is a 2 DAY selection event. Not the 3 day as in the past.

NOW day 3 is an ISSF Mixed Gender Team Event.

Carefully check your match program (last dated 10/25).
USA SHOOTING wrote:MATCH SCHEDULE:
The schedule below is only a DRAFT AND WILL LIKELY CHANGE. A final schedule will not be produced until entries are closed. Please do not email asking for a detailed schedule prior, as we do not have it. It is HIGHLY suggested to fly out Monday, not Sunday if you are concerned with making finals. Relay times will be determined when entries close. This year day 1 and 2 will run very similar to years past, where finals take place both days. Day 3 however will be completely new and will feature the mixed team event. All competitors will still compete however you will be paired up with another individual to determine who makes finals.
Does anyone have a link to the newest version of the Mixed Gender Team event?
I think this is the file
http://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.aspx ... ts_10m.pdf

An FYI for folks coming .... probably best to come with a team member picked out
redschietti

Re: WINTER AIRGUN

Post by redschietti »

Im being informed that ncaa rules wont allow college shooters to particapate in the mixed event as its not a selection match...
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Now that you mention it Jim ... you are correct.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Those new rules are much different from what we ran at the selection match in September. First, the qual was 25 shots per shooter in 30 minutes. Now it is 40 per shooter in 50 minutes.

New rule = top 5 teams go to the final.
Old rule = top 8 teams go to the semi-finals

New rule = in 5 shot series the shooters must alternate shots
Old rule = 3 shot series. Shoot any time. 2 of those, then 3 - 2 shot series. Shoot any time

New rule = in single shot series, 65 seconds to shoot the shot. Shooter on the left shoots first, then shooter on the right. 2pt penalty for out of order shots
Old rule = don't do single shots until the medal rounds, then 50 seconds, shoot any time

Really a lot better as far as the time issue. The old rule took WAY too long to make it through the semi's and medal rounds. Was ridiculous. New way is much quicker, much more spectator friendly.

I pity the folks trying to program the target systems to do the penalty points for who shoots out of order. That is just too weird. As Hillary would say, "what possible difference does it make?"
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Yes, ISSF changes the rules all the time, and I expect a lot more as "The Quad Turns".

Neither Sius or Megalink are trying very hard to keep up right now .... I'll be surprised if there is not another change before Guadalajara.

Chuck says he has a spreadsheet to keep it all on the track.

I like how the RO's have to keep track of when the coaches are allowed (once for 30 sec) to approach and chat with their athletes as the in between announcements are going on. Would not surprise me if ISSF intends to "mic up" the athletes and coaches to hear their comments to each other during the final. (and No ... I'm not kidding)

(Rach and Lucas train together on this event, and they really like it ... so who knows)