TECHRO Palm blocks

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Levi Bergren

TECHRO Palm blocks

Post by Levi Bergren »

Does any body have any experience with any of the TECHRO palm blocks? There is the TECHRO 2.0, TECHRO 3.0, TECHRO Integral, and the TECHRO Integral Light. If anybody has any experience with any of these, please let me know. Thanks!
Levi
rtucker6508

Re: TECHRO Palm blocks

Post by rtucker6508 »

Levi,

My daughter has been using the Integral for about 5 months now and loves it. It has adapted to her changes with ease and is comfortable. Not sure what else to say except that it works.

Rob
Rob Tucker
http://www.TheShootersEdge.us
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Ok, cool! On another note, does anybody have any recommendations on handstops? I have been looking at the MEC Stop, and the AHG Handstop 6229.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

The mec is the only handstop i recomend
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Ok, how come only the MEC?
Levi
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Levi Bergren wrote:Ok, how come only the MEC?
Levi
At a guess it's quite small in diameter, so will fit small hands without splay going out the thumb. It can be off set laterally to straighten the wrist. There is a choice of sling mounting points that to adjust pressure on the hand. It's also not too expensive.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Everything tim said. Will add that if it hurts on the thumb move it a mm or two away from thumb, opposite if it hurts finger side. That's assuming wrist is straight, and hand position is correct. Ive bought a lot of bits over last 8yrs, most im not sure were worth it. This hs i have no doubt is a good purchase. There's a lot of bad hs, but im sure other good ones too
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

I can too recommend the Mec handstop !
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Ok! You guys have me convinced! I do like that it is cheaper than the Anshutz one. Thanks! Anybody with recommendations for a bloop tube? Again, I have a couple ideas, such as the Starik Carbon Tube, or the TECHRO blaster tube. Open to any other suggestions though. Thank you!
Levi
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

The MEC is popular, but don't forget the Anschutz 4752. It's a little wider, but much more comfortable than the old black plastic 4751, and swivels sideways too. Here in the UK it's a tad cheaper than the MEC.

As for tubes, I've heard positive comments about the ESP, Bee Sting, and Uptagrafft. The Bee Sting and Uptagrafft tubes can be had with an integral tuner like the Stark tube. The Uptatuner is all-metal, and heavier though, which may or may not be desirable. I've never seen a Tec-Hro tube in the flesh, but it looks rather fiddly, perhaps too fiddly. If you were in the UK, I'd suggest one of Barry Nesom's.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Ok, I'll look into those. Any other suggestions anybody?
methosb

Post by methosb »

Levi Bergren wrote:Ok, I'll look into those. Any other suggestions anybody?
Shooting Equipment DE has some that are becoming more and more popular. Matt Emmons uses one.
Modena

Post by Modena »

If you're getting a tube, I think you'd be crazy not to get one that has a tuner also...like Starik or Uptagrafft.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Two things to think about w a tuner.

They take a lot of time and effert and ammo to find the right setting. Are you at a high enough level where investing time on making the gun shoot better is more important than spending the time making the shooter better?

You can tune a tuner for bad groups just as easily as you can for good groups. I had a tuner tuned to shoot 8 inch groups at 100yds. The same ammo shoots xring groups at the proper setting
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

If you're getting a tube, I think you'd be crazy not to get one that has a tuner also...like Starik or Uptagrafft.
They take a lot of time and effert and ammo to find the right setting. Are you at a high enough level where investing time on making the gun shoot better is more important than spending the time making the shooter better?

You can tune a tuner for bad groups just as easily as you can for good groups. I had a tuner tuned to shoot 8 inch groups at 100yds. The same ammo shoots xring groups at the proper setting
Good to know. Thank you! I am not considering buying a tube immediately, just doing my research for when i eventually do get one.
Modena

Post by Modena »

redschietti wrote:Are you at a high enough level where investing time on making the gun shoot better is more important than spending the time making the shooter better?
It does not have to be one or the other. For me I want my rifle to be as accurate as possible within budget. For example, if you're rifle is grouping at say 3/4" at 50 meters, is it you or the rifle? You won't know unless you put it on a test rig/bench and see what the hardware is capable of. Then at least you know what your hardware can do. If you can, you may as well add a tuner, tune it properly, and take the better scores. If you were shooting 570, then you add a tuner and now its 575, this does not mean you stop spending time on making the shooter better also!

It is for this same reason I shoot pretty much only good ammo in training, unless I'm training for trigger release or similar and not looking at the grouping. If you are training and ARE looking at grouping, what's the point in using dudd ammo? It will group bad, and you dont know how much of that is you, and how much is the ammo. That is how I look at it anyway.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Modena,
Thanks for the tips. Those are very valid points I will take into consideration. At this point a bloop tube/tuner is not in the budget, as i just finished purchasing a TECHRO Integral palm block, MEC handstop, and a set of TECHRO riser blocks. All thanks to everybody's much appreciated input.
Levi
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

The quest for new and better gear is never ending isn't it? Because now, I would like to ask for anybody's opinion on the Thermouche shooting sweater,(by Mouche) and the Hitex Tecno shooting sweater. Both of which are sold by 10.9 shooting.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I've had a Hitex shirt for nearly two years, and I rate it well. It's light, but still comfortable in the elbows.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Cool. I have seen a lot of my competitors wearing said sweater recently, and that (along with what you said ) is making me lean more towards the Hitek. Plus, I have not seen a whole lot of the Mouche sweater. Has anybody else seen or had experience with the Thermouche?