Converting a FWB C60 to compressed air

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rmca

Converting a FWB C60 to compressed air

Post by rmca »

Hi everyone

Is it possible to convert a FWB C60 from CO2 to compressed air?
And where can I find a conversion kit?

Thanks!
kevinweiho

Re: Converting a FWB C60 to compressed air

Post by kevinweiho »

Why do you want to convert to compressed air? Yes, it’s possible, but would be very expensive to convert the rifle along with purchasing new air cylinders.

It’s best to sell the rifle, and get yourself a pcp...
rmca

Post by rmca »

I understand what you are saying but the gun was a gift to your club and is new in the box.
It set unused for a long time and probably needs a seal replacement anyway.

It is an option that we are considering, depending on the cost of the kit.

Still looking...
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

There is no kit available for the conversion, but an airgunsmith can buy the necessary parts to retrofit the rifle to use compressed air, however, the overall costs will be more than what your rifle is worth…

If you’re assisting international matches and you stumble upon the FWB service booth, I bet they can make the conversion for you…
rmca

Post by rmca »

If there is no factory conversion kit, then I will leave it as is.

Thanks
saran

Post by saran »

I am used to either CO2 and compressed air pistols and I hope I could give a somewhat useful 2¢ of advice.

I switched from CO2 to PCP in the pistol I happen to currently used, just because this particular pistol does come only in PCP configuration. The former one, an FWB C20, is easy to bulk recharge with a small 2 Kg CO2 bottle (fairly common, used in draft beer rigs) and each load lasts for 320 shots... I miss the autonomy and simplicity, but pick another pistol just because of the grip and ergonomics.

The new pistol enables me to shoot better, but I wish it was CO2 powered every 100 shots or so, wich I see as a modest autonomy. If it happened to be CO2 powered it would be perfect.

CO2 only handicaps are with extreme cold or hot weather. Get a 2 Kg cheap CO2 bottle, do not forget to chill the empty cylinder for 15 min in the freezer before each reload and check the correct load with a kitchen scale. Tooks very little extra effort and gives you three times as many shots as compressed air...