KK500 in Anschutz stock possible?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

havardma

KK500 in Anschutz stock possible?

Post by havardma »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has tried to fit a KK500 mechanism in an Anschutz 1813 or similar wood stock ("Supermatch")?

Cannot remember to have seen this combination on the international circuit but if there is a picture of such combination I am interested!
Tim S

Re: KK500 in Anschutz stock possible?

Post by Tim S »

Lionel Cox of Belgium has a KK500 in an Anschutz 2013, so the 1813 may be suitable. The 2013 is wider that the round Match 54 actio, but I think I've seen a Bleiker in an 1813 stock.
havardma

Post by havardma »

Thank you.

I had not noticed he has switched from Grunig to KK500.

Found picture of him with KK500 and a similar wood stock from WC Gabala 2017.

High Left

Post by High Left »

Funny little feeling tells me the Bleiker and G&E share the form factor of the 2013. Interchangeable? No idea, nor of Walther.

As for a stock for a 54 (round) action, there'd be some milling involved I'm sure. Based on the posted picture, it looks as though it pretty much fills out the original inlet, which is substantially larger than a 54.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

High Left wrote:Funny little feeling tells me the Bleiker and G&E share the form factor of the 2013. Interchangeable? No idea, nor of Walther.

As for a stock for a 54 (round) action, there'd be some milling involved I'm sure. Based on the posted picture, it looks as though it pretty much fills out the original inlet, which is substantially larger than a 54.
Of course it won't be a drop in, but if a stock can take a Bleiker action, I think there is a good chance that the Walther would also fit, unless the Walther is much wider. I think I've seen a KK500 in a Bleiker stock, and a Bleiker in an 1813 stock, so fitting a KK500 into an 1813 doesn't seem obviously impossible. My old System Gemini Ultra would be too narrow, unless no contact was required at the side of the action; Accuracy International don't seem to mind this, but they do glue in the action.

The Bleiker Challenger has a very similar footprint to the Anschutz 2013, but it's not identical. My Anchutz round-to-square adaptor required some filing to fit a Bleiker inlet stock.