TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 am 

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has tried to fit a KK500 mechanism in an Anschutz 1813 or similar wood stock ("Supermatch")?

Cannot remember to have seen this combination on the international circuit but if there is a picture of such combination I am interested!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:08 am 

Lionel Cox of Belgium has a KK500 in an Anschutz 2013, so the 1813 may be suitable. The 2013 is wider that the round Match 54 actio, but I think I've seen a Bleiker in an 1813 stock.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:36 am 

Thank you.

I had not noticed he has switched from Grunig to KK500.

Found picture of him with KK500 and a similar wood stock from WC Gabala 2017.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 pm 

Funny little feeling tells me the Bleiker and G&E share the form factor of the 2013. Interchangeable? No idea, nor of Walther.

As for a stock for a 54 (round) action, there'd be some milling involved I'm sure. Based on the posted picture, it looks as though it pretty much fills out the original inlet, which is substantially larger than a 54.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 am 

High Left wrote:
Funny little feeling tells me the Bleiker and G&E share the form factor of the 2013. Interchangeable? No idea, nor of Walther.

As for a stock for a 54 (round) action, there'd be some milling involved I'm sure. Based on the posted picture, it looks as though it pretty much fills out the original inlet, which is substantially larger than a 54.

Of course it won't be a drop in, but if a stock can take a Bleiker action, I think there is a good chance that the Walther would also fit, unless the Walther is much wider. I think I've seen a KK500 in a Bleiker stock, and a Bleiker in an 1813 stock, so fitting a KK500 into an 1813 doesn't seem obviously impossible. My old System Gemini Ultra would be too narrow, unless no contact was required at the side of the action; Accuracy International don't seem to mind this, but they do glue in the action.

The Bleiker Challenger has a very similar footprint to the Anschutz 2013, but it's not identical. My Anchutz round-to-square adaptor required some filing to fit a Bleiker inlet stock.