How old before accessories aren't worth selling??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Pastprime

How old before accessories aren't worth selling??

Post by Pastprime »

I have a used butt plate with hook, and a hand stop from a 1984 1800 series rifle. Are things this old still sought by shooters?? If I get a couple "yes" replies, I'll list them in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" area. If not, I'll throw them back in my "stuff I'll never use drawer". Obviously, I'm not a competitive shooter or I wouldn't need to ask.
Tim S

Re: How old before accessories aren't worth selling??

Post by Tim S »

The handstop should sell; it will fit modern stocks, and there buyers for club/beginner parts.

I'm not so sure about the butt. If it's the 4762 "armadilo" butt with five bolts at the side, it will sell quickly. Grunig and Anschutz make new, and very expensive versions, it was so popular. However the older type isn't so popular today, and I've not seen one on a newer rifle. Is it just the plate, or the base too? Depending on the price, someone with an older Standard or Prone stock, may want an upgrade.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Dont know about other countries but in uk Ebay is the place to sell odd gun parts even though they dont allow actual guns or even receivers. Youll have a bigger audience particularly if you include the word "anschutz" which seems to be ebay code for airgun and smallbore parts.
Pastprime

Post by Pastprime »

Thank you for the information. Last night, I remembered a gentleman on RFC who runs a junior shooting program. I contacted him, and seems he can use them so I'll send them his way. A lot easier than me posting an ad and trying to do the picture thing.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Pastprime wrote:Thank you for the information. Last night, I remembered a gentleman on RFC who runs a junior shooting program. I contacted him, and seems he can use them so I'll send them his way. A lot easier than me posting an ad and trying to do the picture thing.
First name Bob?
Pastprime

Post by Pastprime »

Tim S wrote:
Pastprime wrote:Thank you for the information. Last night, I remembered a gentleman on RFC who runs a junior shooting program. I contacted him, and seems he can use them so I'll send them his way. A lot easier than me posting an ad and trying to do the picture thing.
First name Bob?

Good guess.

Hank