Anschutz 1918 stock question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Thauglor

Anschutz 1918 stock question

Post by Thauglor »

Is it possible to convert the 1918 stock from right to left action? I am not sure if the stock is ambidextrous and reversing the cheek piece and a grip switch would be all that is required or is the stock itself left or right hanged.

Thanks!
Tim S

Re: Anschutz 1918 stock question

Post by Tim S »

No, I believe the butt behind the grip is slightly angled to one side. The cheekpiece adjustment is also on one side only; even if it doesn't get in the way "wrong-handed", you lose the facility to adjust in position.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

The stock itself is Right vs. Left Handed. While you can likely swap the grip, you won't be able to switch the cheekpiece to the other side. Also, the stock has a slight offset to the right for a right-handed action, so even if you could swap the cheekpiece it would likely feel fairly weird. In addition to that, you would need to machine a slot for the bolt handle, too.

The Walther KK500 is a true ambidextrous stock and action, and I believe Feinwerkbau may be more easily adapted than others, but I'm not sure.
Thauglor

Post by Thauglor »

Perfect, thank you very much guys. Saved me from buying a left handed 1918 stock, i asked and the seller was saying it was easily switchable to right hand. It wasn't on this forum.