robert mitchell match?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

robert mitchell match?

Post by Ltdave »

trying to find out more on this match...

air? small bore? both?

USA Shooting seems to be a bit behind on their website unless they just dont like putting stuff out too early...

my daughter is already pretty much determined to shoot Winter Air Gun and now shes asking about Robert Mitchell (was this once known as Rocky Mountain Rifle Championship?)

thanks
COBelties

Re: robert mitchell match?

Post by COBelties »

Rocky Mtn now branded Robert Mitchell, is typically the first full week in February and has both air rifle and smallbore. If you look at the past results/dates on the USAS website it should give you a good idea of general timeline and events. USAS just hasn't released the 2018 schedule yet which takes time to develop because it contains most of the major matches for all of 2018 (US Nationals, WAG, etc). I'm sure it'll be along shortly once September calms down.
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

COBelties wrote:Rocky Mtn now branded Robert Mitchell, is typically the first full week in February and has both air rifle and smallbore. If you look at the past results/dates on the USAS website it should give you a good idea of general timeline and events. USAS just hasn't released the 2018 schedule yet which takes time to develop because it contains most of the major matches for all of 2018 (US Nationals, WAG, etc). I'm sure it'll be along shortly once September calms down.
thanks!

i discussed this with my daughter and she said there's a Regional Match at Benning? that same time frame?

im just trying to get her the best exposure that we can...
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Rocky is a very unique match.
One of the great things for a young shooter is that almost always there are teams/shooters from other countries.

Meeting, training next to and competing with this wide variety of athletes is great for any shooter with international aspirations.
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

Ltdave wrote:
thanks!

i discussed this with my daughter and she said there's a Regional Match at Benning? that same time frame?

im just trying to get her the best exposure that we can...
The "regional match" at Benning is not a regional match - it is the USAMU National Junior Air Rifle Championships. They will also have a smallbore match the day prior to the days of the air match.

Here is the link: http://www.usaac.army.mil/amu/usamu-hos ... nship.html
Rob Tucker
http://www.TheShootersEdge.us