New member; help needed with an Anschutz 380

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

NTSOG

New member; help needed with an Anschutz 380

Post by NTSOG »

G'day,

My name is Jim and I am quite new to air rifles as an [elderly] adult just retired from education. I live on a small farm in southern Australia and have collected in a very short time a number of rifles for hunting [rabbits] and, more importantly, a number of old 10M target rifles: Walther LG 90, FWB 600, HW 55CM, FWB 300S and two wonderful Anschutz 380s, one an RT and the other a target. [A Diana 60 is coming - I hope.] I am happy just shooting these wonderful 10M rifles at home for very satisfying recreation.

I have a problem: the cocking lever of the target 380 has jammed [without any warning] at its full open position and I need to disassemble it to find what the obstruction is; it is clearly not quite cocking and locking the trigger by a fraction of an inch. The exploded diagram is freely available from JG Anschutz, but I have hesitated to start lest I do some damage. Can anyone tell me the correct sequence of steps and where I should start the process of disassembly, having removed the action from the stock. So far I have found virtually nothing about this rifle whereas many other old 10M rifles are covered in detail on the internet.

Any advice would be gratefully received,

Jim

Via Ballarat
Australia
Tony C.

Re: New member; help needed with an Anschutz 380

Post by Tony C. »

You can try post your question at:

http://www.vintageairgun.com

Its a forum for airgun collectors, there are a good number of experts there can offer you advices on how to proceed with your repair.

Good luck.
NTSOG

Re: New member; help needed with an Anschutz 380

Post by NTSOG »

Thank you Tony. I have tried to post there, having completed registration, but received a message stating I may not as membership is closed.

I'll keep trying,

Jim