Palmyra Open

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

Palmyra Open

Post by Ltdave »

I know that probably the best place for collegiate exposure (to coaches) is probably the USAS National Matches at Fort Benning but I've heard that the Palmyra Open is also pretty good at being attended by college teams and coaches...

My daughter is only a junior this year so I know there won't any discussion between her and coaches, but we still want to get her name out there and get her on the radar...

Are there any better matches in the Midwest that are good for this? She's already doing the camps at Camp Perry, and she goes to the Kentucky Open and we're making another trip to the Montgomery Bell Classic in October but we want to expand the horizon...
redschietti

Re: Palmyra Open

Post by redschietti »

Winter airgun and jr olympics are two of the best if not the best places for college coaches to observe. They want to actually watch her shoot.

Several of the college teams are hosting air and SB matches now set up just like college matches. After these the coaches usually give a talk and interact w the shooters. These matches are a great way to visit colleges that have teams
Ltdave

Re: Palmyra Open

Post by Ltdave »

redschietti wrote:Winter airgun and jr olympics are two of the best if not the best places for college coaches to observe. They want to actually watch her shoot.

Several of the college teams are hosting air and SB matches now set up just like college matches. After these the coaches usually give a talk and interact w the shooters. These matches are a great way to visit colleges that have teams

thanks!

shes done the Jr Olympics (hoping for another trip or two before shes done with school) but weve not done the Winter AG yet. is that an earned spot or pay your money and show up?