Rifle shooting suit questions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

PaulB

Rifle shooting suit questions

Post by PaulB »

I coach a college club level rifle team. We have over the years purchased new clothing from Champion's Choice and Champion Shooters Supply as well as used, higher end, clothing when and where we could find it. We would like to upgrade to the "next level" of clothing. I have not been able to find anything between the ~$200 coats and ~$700-$1000+ coats. Here is a list of all the "expensive" suits that I could find: Sauer, HiTex, Thune, Mondard, Stenvag, Kusterman. If you look at ISSF videos the first three that I list seem to be 95+% of the market. If we get one of these can they be had "off the rack" so we would not have to wait months to get one custom made, or is custom made really the "only way to go"?

Is there anything out there in the $400-$500 range for a coat?

Any suggestions as to what we should do would be greatly appreciated.
twisted

Re: Rifle shooting suit questions

Post by twisted »

the Anschutz Match line of clothing sounds like what you are looking for. The jacket is in the $300 price line and although it's "off the shelf" they offer an expanded list of sizes including big and tall sizes. My son had both the jacket and pants. He has moved on to a custom thune jacket but still wears the Anschutz pants.
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

Paul -

contact Larry Sawyer @ 10pt9; I know that he has access to many of the manufacturers various 'levels' of clothing. Also, contact Handlebar - he has an equipment shopping list for you.

-tc
angus57

Post by angus57 »

We are just getting started in precision. My son will need the shooting jacket, pants and shoes. He is 15.5 and growing. Any suggestions on where to look for used suits?
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

Champion Shooters Supply in Ohio used to have a decent selection of used equipment; you can also find great stuff on here (in the Sell/Buy Forum) from time to time.