Help identifying my Annie.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Diz9000

Help identifying my Annie.

Post by Diz9000 »

Hi all,

I have just bought an old Annie for use in benchrest shooting. The previous owner seems to recall it being sold to him as a1964, Anschutz 64, but there are no marking visible on the rifle.
There is a dovetail sight mount to the rear of the breech, but none in front of the breech.
The barrel has 2 blocks on the barrel, which I am led to believe they were for a long tube scope mount.

I want to mount a scope to the rifle to compete in benchrest competitions, we have tried using an scope rail mounted to just this rear dovetail, but this places the scope way to far back and close to my eye and hence don't get a clear scope picture.
Any ideas on how to mount a scope ? Currently I have an offset scope mounted to the one inch block on the barrel, I'd love to be able to get a longer barrel block to mount it to .
Any ideas/ help greatfully received.
Tim S

Re: Help identifying my Annie.

Post by Tim S »

Try here: http://www.bkltech.com/1inch-Scope-Ring ... l-s/57.htm

If the receiver is only grooved behind the breech, I'd say you have a Match 54 not a Match 64.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
gwsb

Re: Help identifying my Annie.

Post by gwsb »

64 model has a black metal band over the top of the bolt to keep the extractors attached. The 54 is smooth on the top of the bolt.