NRA Advanced Smallbore Camp

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

NRA Advanced Smallbore Camp

Post by Ltdave »

by invitation only.

a couple of questions on this activity.

the application calls for scores of 1090 or 545 (i assume 3x40 or 3x20)

my daughter who was given an invitation for this camp, rarely shoots NRA smallbore matches. I believe they are USAS, and while i know USAS and NRA are somewhat affiliated, are these compatible matches to compete in? the application listed a lot of "championship" type matches that are acceptable for participation. She's never shot the national championships

next. the application shows the fees covering the training, targets, instructional materials, housing and meals. sounds like this takes place at a college or military installation? do the parents have anything to do after delivering the kids to camp? at the "regular" camp, the kids have to be brought to the range everyday, fed somehow, picked up at the end of the day. it sounds as if we can go and have our own little vacation during this time?

what sort of housing is provided? what sort of chaperoning is there? what sort of daily transportation is provided or needed for the kids?

lots of information thats NOT provided on the NRA website, that has me curious...

thanks for any knowledge that you can share...
Bob87-149

Re: NRA Advanced Smallbore Camp

Post by Bob87-149 »

Recommend you call John Crossman with your questions. He will be running the camp again this year. PM me and I can provide his contact information.

v/r

Bob