TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Economy pellets
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am 

My shooting has definitely digressed from what it once was; age, eyes, lack of practice, etc. I always had good success with 4.50 Champions Choice brand pellets, but they are never in stock when I check. I believe they are made by H&N but am not sure.

I bought some Excite econo pellets by H&N. I am not burning up the targets with them but as stated my skills have deteriorated over years. What I do notice though is that some slide into the chamber with no resistance.

I guess I am asking if Champions Choice pellets are indeed H&N and whether they are the same grade pellets as the Excite brand?

I do not need RWS R10 or H&N Finale Match but don't want to be shooting wildly inconsistent pellets either. I am thinking of going with RWS Meisterclugen (sp) until CC 4.50 become available. I do not like Vogel as my fingers get dirty in a hurry when I have used them in the past.

Answers, comments, and suggestions please.

Post subject: Re: Economy pellets
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 am 

This has really been beaten to death here.

RWS Diabolo Basic from Champion Shooters Supply. $50 a sleeve, or International Shooters Service for about the same. Crusty old bastards at either place; I like 'em both.

Do a search for the test results.

Last edited by Rover on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm 

I supply Diabolo for the kids on my shooting team; about $5.85 a tin with shipping from ISS when ordering ten tins or more. We use Meisterkuglen for the more advanced shooters as it is as good or better than the R-10 in the FWB and 8001's we use. I'm not sure what Champion Shooters Supply charges for shipping.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 pm 

I just ordered RWS basics from Walmart for $4.59/tin on sale. Purchase more than $35 worth and get free two day shipping. Seemed cheap to me. They are my practice pellets and seem to shoot quite well.