Competitive Shooting Retailer in UK

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AHRogersIV

Competitive Shooting Retailer in UK

Post by AHRogersIV »

I'll be traveling to the UK, Leeds specifically, and was curious if there were any retailers someone might be able to recommend to check out. Specifically those that carry competitive shooting equipment.
TenMetrePeter

Re: Competitive Shooting Retailer in UK

Post by TenMetrePeter »

AHRogersIV wrote:I'll be traveling to the UK, Leeds specifically, and was curious if there were any retailers someone might be able to recommend to check out. Specifically those that carry competitive shooting equipment.
If you are talking 10m or 50m rimfire type competition there are very few retailers available. In my town in the south the main target shop is in a guy's house where you can visit by appointment or he can order what you want and can take delivery from a mail order company. (you cant mail new guns or metal gun parts in UK) The odd northern retailers like Henry Krank near Leeds, York Guns or Blackpool Air rifles will sell hunting air rifles, sometimes shotguns, but not Olympic stuff unless they order in for you.
Way down south in Bisley the NSRA shop is the nearest you will find to a showroom for our sport. Even Uttings in the east of england closed their showroom and now work from a mail order depot.

https://www.yell.com/s/gun+dealers+and+ ... shire.html
Rhysatkins

Post by Rhysatkins »

http://emrr.org.uk

East Midlands Rifle Range is about 1H30 away probably the closest shop for target rifle supplies.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Good to know. About 2hr from me. Do they keep much stock?

Mind you, Intershoot delivers next day for a lot less than the fuel to Nottingham!