Jackets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Martin Catley

Jackets

Post by Martin Catley »

Can anyone comment on the Kurt Thune Prone canvas jacket? I haven't actually seen one but had some good comments on them.
Cumbrian

Re: Jackets

Post by Cumbrian »

I have one, which I like. I had it made to measure, which was probably worth the extra money, even if the fit was still not absolutely perfect and it needed a bit of tightening after a year or two. The use of top grip everywhere distinguishes it from comparably expensive jackets (e.g. Gehmann), though even the cheaper Thune jackets have that as standard. Probably not worth while to pay extra for the all-leather version, or so one supplier told me, because the leather will soften more. You can personalise the colour scheme, if you wish, at no extra cost, at least for the made to measure. The modern trend seems to be towards synthetic materials but they do cost more.
Martin Catley

Post by Martin Catley »

Thanks so much for the full comments I am ordering one made to measure.
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

Glad to help. You will doubtless find a multitude of opinions about jackets, but I don't think you will go too far wrong with this one. One little detail: mine came with robust aluminium buttons, which look good, are easy to get through the holes with a 'button buddy, and will probably outlast the leather or synthetic types. You might like to check that the jacket will come with these as standard, unless you prefer the alternative(s). You do need, however, a small size pozidrive screw driver to tighten these buttons from time to time; probably true of the other kinds as well.

Finally, get someone to measure you; you can't really trust your own efforts in this respect. And when you receive your jacket, have someone pull the jacket tight around you, with all your standard under clothes on, with your arms raised as though you were in the prone position, before the places for the buttons are marked and pierced. Of course, your local supplier ought to know all of this already.

Roger
Martin Catley

Post by Martin Catley »

Thanks for the tips I have been measured by our agents who have been trained in this.