Daisy 599 Questions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Lenny

Daisy 599 Questions

Post by Lenny »

Does anyone here owns Daisy 599? I just bought one and have a few questions:

The safety lever is kind of mooshy, there is no positive stop on "Fire" or "Safe". You can slide it to any position in between. Is it normal?

What else was included with your rifle. Mine had a torn plastic bag, contents spilled into the box. There were some rubber O-rings, which are spares. There were also two small springs. I don't know where they came from or where they go or how they got into the box.

I like the rifle, but I am not happy with how it came. Fill probe had a damaged O-ring. PCP is new to me. A lot of frustration trying to pressurize it, until I discovered the reason the air is not going in. I replaced the damaged O-ring and it's all good now.
Lenny

Re: Daisy 599 Questions

Post by Lenny »

Last edited by Lenny on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lognom

Post by lognom »

Hi,
I own and enjoy a 599. I received a bag with o rings and a small tube of grease, but no springs. My safety doesn't have positive stops either and can be set in between, so I guess that's normal.
Here's a youtube video of BSA trigger adjustment that you mind find useful. It's not the 599 but the design appears to be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8neOOr8Bxk

Lloyd
eliot6025

Post by eliot6025 »

my 599 has a little resistance at the fire or safe side as the lever arcs to extreme ends. At least you both got spare ' O ' rings and grease. I received a color 1 page basic instruction. No exploded parts diagrams, nothing but the rifle, sights and fill probe. Luckily I purchased a O-ring kit from amazon to repair dried, or cracked rings on the fill probes . I ordered my 599 from daisy shortly after the time of introduction.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

lognom wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 pm Hi,
I own and enjoy a 599. I received a bag with o rings and a small tube of grease, but no springs. My safety doesn't have positive stops either and can be set in between, so I guess that's normal.
Here's a youtube video of BSA trigger adjustment that you mind find useful. It's not the 599 but the design appears to be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8neOOr8Bxk

Lloyd
Thanks for the link and confirming that safety is as designed. I already did some preliminary trigger adjustments. There is an error in the one page manual that came with the rifle. What they show in the diagram as 2nd stage weight adjustment is actually over travel adjustment and vise versa. If you screw in over travel too much, it will make trigger break very hard, but that's not the adjustment for 2nd stage weight. All in all the rifle is well made and very nice. If only it was packed with better care, the initial impression would be more positive.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

eliot6025 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:09 pm my 599 has a little resistance at the fire or safe side as the lever arcs to extreme ends. At least you both got spare ' O ' rings and grease. I received a color 1 page basic instruction. No exploded parts diagrams, nothing but the rifle, sights and fill probe. Luckily I purchased a O-ring kit from amazon to repair dried, or cracked rings on the fill probes . I ordered my 599 from daisy shortly after the time of introduction.
So your fill probe was screwed up as well. I wasted the whole evening trying to figure out what was wrong until I looked closer at the probe and noticed a chunk of O ring was missing. I was able to find parts diagram for BSA Silver Star which is identical to Daisy 599, but just the diagram without parts list.

https://www.airgunspares.com/gunspares/ ... -star.html