1918 Anschutz Precise Stock - Pistol Grip Large vs Medium

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ginga

Post by ginga »

Hi All

I cannot find the size difference in cm/inches between the Large and Medium pistol grip. Does anyone have this information?

Unfortunately Anschutz do not offer a Small pistol grip for my stock, which is what I really need so I am tying to find the size specs to see if the medium will work .. otherwise I'll be at the drawing board for solutions.

Thanks
mtncwru

Re: 1918 Anschutz Precise Stock - Pistol Grip Large vs Mediu

Post by mtncwru »

I can grab measurements at the match this weekend. I have a large, and several people have mediums at my club.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

If a medium is too large, there are still options. See here for ideas:http://www.shootingequipment.de/Equipme ... -2507.html
ginga

Post by ginga »

Thanks mtncwru, be great if you could provide measurements then I will know if the medium will work.
ginga

Post by ginga »

Thanks Tim S - I will check them out.
Bryan996

Post by Bryan996 »

I have small to medium size hands but use the large grip. When I tried both side by side the only real differance was that the small was thinner than the large (think 0 vs O), it wasnt smaller in length front to rear. I preferred the large and have even added material to it to try and make it more rounder.

You probably do need to try both to make up your own mind.

Hope this helps
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Bryan996 wrote:I have small to medium size hands but use the large grip. When I tried both side by side the only real differance was that the small was thinner than the large (think 0 vs O), it wasnt smaller in length front to rear. I preferred the large and have even added material to it to try and make it more rounder.

You probably do need to try both to make up your own mind.

Hope this helps
I took measurements this weekend, and found exactly what Bryan found. The large has more palmswell than the medium, but is otherwise almost identical (same height, same length front to rear).

Ideally you should try both and see what you think. If trying isn't an option, I would hedge toward large, since rounder is usually better on grips, and too big has fewer impacts than too small. If you're in the US, I suspect that most of the suppliers would be willing to swap a grip for you if need be. Definitely call them to make sure before you commit, but they're usually pretty good to work with.
ginga

Post by ginga »

Thanks for your help with measurements and your advice, its very much appreciated!