KK500 buttplate rod extension

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Joost99

KK500 buttplate rod extension

Post by Joost99 »

Hi,

Question for any KK500 owners out there, do you know the part number for the longer rods for the buttplate carrier? I can't find them on the Walther site - the closest is 2782987 which is a set of long rods and spindle 100mm for stock extension - for LG400 anatomic, LG400 Expert, LG300XT Anatomic and KK300 Anatomic.

Next question - do you know if its safe (for the rifle) to dry fire without snapcaps (Ie does the firing pin stop short of hitting the breach?

(Will ask the same questions of Walther support, but don't know how responsive they are!)

Many thanks

Justin
ShootWithStyle

Re: KK500 buttplate rod extension

Post by ShootWithStyle »

The rods you listed will work with the KK500 buttplate and stock. They are no different dimensionally aside from the length and attach to the carrier in the same manner. I've actually tried swapping buttplate between my KK500 and KG400 air rifle just to try certain things out.

The firing pin on the KK500 is considerably thicker than that on an Anschutz 19xx/20xx. So it should be stronger and less prone to breakage. But I still wouldn't do a lot of dry firing without either an empty case or a snap cap.

And no firing pin should be hitting the breach face without a round in there. Mine does not, and if yours does the firing pin is too long.

I use drywall anchors like the ones in the link below. These are a low cost alternative to snap caps specifically made for firearms.

https://hdsupplysolutions.com/shop/p/-4 ... 00-p740865

J
Joost99

Re: KK500 buttplate rod extension

Post by Joost99 »

Hi,

Thanks for the response! Very helpful. Kind of surprised by how short the standard rods are!

I've only been using snapcaps so far - too scared of damaging my new baby to do otherwise! I also doubt the pin would impact anything, its an issue we've had with ancient rifles at the club though, where both the pin and the wall of the breach have suffered damage.

Cheers

Justin