How can I lighten up an Anschutz 2007/2013?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Montana

How can I lighten up an Anschutz 2007/2013?

Post by Montana »

My daughter has been shooting the Anschutz 2007/2013 men's rifle since this past fall and while she is doing well with it, I am concerned the 14 pound rifle may create issues with her position. So my question is, does anyone have knowledge on how it can be lightened up if needed? I heard there maybe an aluminum stock which is lighter?

Note: it does have a short barrel & bloop tube from the factory.
Tim S

Re: How can I lighten up an Anschutz 2007/2013?

Post by Tim S »

The 2018 Precise stock should be lighter than a 2013 walnut. If you can find a 2012 Sport, this would be lighter still, it's a scaled down and lightened Supermatch-style wood stock. Another option would be to replace the factory barrel with a shorter and/or lighter profile barrel.
Martin H

Re: How can I lighten up an Anschutz 2007/2013?

Post by Martin H »

Hi
Many of the aluminium stocks are light, much lighter than wood (except for the light Anschutz 2012 Sport stock ). The G & E stocks would be your lightest choice in aluminium.
I loved my cast alloy Anschutz 2313 stock but i now have a Precise (for other reasons). The 2313 is a good choice if you can find one. They have the advantage of being lighter than the Precise stocks and the 2007/2013 action bolts straight in.
I think the 2007/2013 action may need an adapter to fit into G & E stocks (RS3 or XRS).

Many choices of stock, all are very good. Aluminium stocks have much more adjustment than a wooden stock and generally can be made to fit any body shape.
My advice is do your research, there are subtle variations such as length of pull that you need to work out. G & E stocks have different plates between the stock and the butt plate for different length of pull. You need the correct one. Check the stock you choose will take your butt plate.
Cheers
Martin
PS You can also reduce weight by replacing the factory bloop tube with a carbon tube such as a Starik.