SHOOTING JACKET MODIFICATION/ALTERATION

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RED RAIDER

SHOOTING JACKET MODIFICATION/ALTERATION

Post by RED RAIDER »

My daughter has an "Off the rack" shooting jacket. We need to move 2 of the buttons, but are out of room to move. The next size jacket is way too big. I have been told to have a piece of canvas or leather sewed onto the jacket to allow the buttons to be moved over the 1/2" needed. Will this pass equipment inspection at USJOC?

Also can some one offer a picture of how they modified their jacket?
Jordan1s

Re: SHOOTING JACKET MODIFICATION/ALTERATION

Post by Jordan1s »

it should be ok; a few years ago at winter airgun, I saw a member of the Nevada team attaching the buttons to a zip tie in order to pass inspection. To be safe, thoroughly check through the rulebook
TexasShooter

Post by TexasShooter »

We have extended 2 coats by adding canvas material, and they both passed USAS inspection. Stagger the inside and outside seams so the seams are not on top of each other which will cause it to be too thick.
RED RAIDER

Post by RED RAIDER »

TexasShooter wrote:We have extended 2 coats by adding canvas material, and they both passed USAS inspection. Stagger the inside and outside seams so the seams are not on top of each other which will cause it to be too thick.
Any chance that you can send me pictures of the inside & outside of the jacket? It would be very helpful. Thanks
TexasShooter

Post by TexasShooter »

RED RAIDER wrote:
TexasShooter wrote:We have extended 2 coats by adding canvas material, and they both passed USAS inspection. Stagger the inside and outside seams so the seams are not on top of each other which will cause it to be too thick.
Any chance that you can send me pictures of the inside & outside of the jacket? It would be very helpful. Thanks
Both coats have been passed on to other kids. Sorry....
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

Agreed with adding an extra edge just be aware of the 100mm distance for jacket overlap (edge of jacket to center button), and also the thickness. I'm sure Joel could jump in, but if I remember right, zip ties are not allowable because they are adjustable. Look at section 7.5.4.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

COBelties wrote:Agreed with adding an extra edge just be aware of the 100mm distance for jacket overlap (edge of jacket to center button), and also the thickness. I'm sure Joel could jump in, but if I remember right, zip ties are not allowable because they are adjustable. Look at section 7.5.4.
I won't be at JOs this year but in the past we have used zip ties. The only thing that must be kept i mind is that if they do a post relay inspection ... those can be both random & targeted ... and the zip tie has been, even accidentally, tightened, and the jacket does not pass they are DQ'd for that day.

Especially for the JO's we try and be as lenient as we can ... a lot of those kids are about to toss their cookies if they are there for the first time.....