Anschutz Trigger Gunsmith

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TomJ

Anschutz Trigger Gunsmith

Post by TomJ »

Good Evening - I'm relatively new to shooting NRA metallic silhouette and in need of trigger work on my Anschutz 1712 with the 5109 2-stage trigger. I am shooting it the way it came from the factory, with I'm guessing 1lb. first and 1lb. second stage. It has approximately 1/4" of over-travel. I've never adjusted a trigger and am hesitant to do so. Is it possible to have the first stage set for 1.5lbs. and the second stage 0.8oz? I'd appreciate the names of gunsmiths who you've had work on Anschutz triggers. Thanks, Tom
jhmartin

Re: Anschutz Trigger Gunsmith

Post by jhmartin »

Speaking from the international side of things ... He can probably work on your trigger too.
I use Joe Hein --- Elite Shooting Sports of Montana for all my shooters' trigger issues.
(Got one into him now)

http://eliteshootingsport.com/
patriot

Post by patriot »

You are correct, increase the first stage weight to reduce the second. If you think like an Engineer is it an simple change. On the other hand, I've had to reset target triggers for friends that didn't get it; multiple times for one fellow. There is a lot less to mess up on the 1712 trigger. I'd look for someone local willing to help rather than sending the rifle away; its not rocket science. Just make certain to run a bump test when you are finished or get the rifle back.

Mark
TomJ

Post by TomJ »

Thanks JH and Patriot.
diopter

Post by diopter »