Moving from Daisy 853 to PCP -- do precision rifles break?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

CTFish

Moving from Daisy 853 to PCP -- do precision rifles break?

Post by CTFish »

I've read and read about options -- considering the T200, Challenger, Edge, the wood/ambi stock Anschutz 8001 / FWB 500 at CMP, and Anschutz 9015. Money is not an object to the extent that I don't like frustration (breaking parts, inaccuracy blamed on rifle) that might let me justify in my head spending $1200, but I'm also not interested in veering into the precision stocks and spending 2K. So I'm basically trying to weigh going to an entry-level precision vs sticking with a sporter.

It almost seems like there is little information / active-forum-posters about the precision rifles. So I don't see reports like "Anschutz 9015 bolt broke in 4 months", but I do see that reported now and then regarding the Crosman Challenger. Should I assume that the precision rifles don't break? What happens if they do break -- are they repairable with easy-to-find parts? Seems like another case of a limited user base might put me at a disadvantage compared to a Challenger.

Stumped here ...
Last edited by CTFish on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinweiho

Re: Moving from Daisy 853 to PCP

Post by kevinweiho »

CTFish wrote:Should I assume that the precision rifles don't break? What happens if they do break -- are they repairable with easy-to-find parts?
A first tier ten meter air rifle will give you a lifetime of trouble free shooting satisfaction if properly used and maintained. The major components of the rifle will rarely give you any problems. Seals, o-rings, and springs are consumables that need to be replaced from time to time to keep the rifle in working condition. Parts are easy to find in the internet.
Rover

Re: Moving from Daisy 853 to PCP -- do precision rifles brea

Post by Rover »

How about finding an old Walther LGR SSP. At one time it was a world-beater and is still WAY above the guns you're discussing. Repairs are usually confined to replacing a few O-rings and prices are low.