Daystate SAXON LE

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DustyJ

Daystate SAXON LE

Post by DustyJ »

I have an opportunity to purchase a Daystate Saxon LE. It is a limited edition of 150 with very few in the US. I am mostly a pistol shooter (Steyr, Morini, FWB, Walther) and not overly familiar with long gun values. I probably will not shoot it much but would like to use it for a little target shooting. My primary question, for those of you more knowledgeable than myself, is wondering if it is a good investment and what will its resale audience be in a year or two (I know, I know .... who has a crystal ball ?) I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

BTW, I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now.
Happy Trails,
Dusty Johnson
Tim S

Re: Daystate SAXON LE

Post by Tim S »

At what sort of targets do you want to shoot? It's not suitable for Olympic-style 10m shooting, but maybe for FT or informal target shooting.
DustyJ

Post by DustyJ »

just informal target and plinkin but a bit better and more accurate than usual airgun shooting. I would hope it would retain its value and , perhaps, increase in value over time due to its rarity (only 13 to be sold in the US)
Happy Trails,
Dusty Johnson
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Well, the rifle costs around $2500-$3000. Mama, the kids, and grandkids will sure have a ball in the supermarket for quite some time with that kind of moola...

It's way too much gun for just informal target and plinking. As for rarity and as an investment , I think folks in the U.S. would pay serious money for rare guns than airguns.
DustyJ

Post by DustyJ »

kevinweiho wrote:Well, the rifle costs around $2500-$3000. Mama, the kids, and grandkids will sure have a ball in the supermarket for quite some time with that kind of moola...

It's way too much gun for just informal target and plinking. As for rarity and as an investment , I think folks in the U.S. would pay serious money for rare guns than airguns.
Happy Trails,
Dusty Johnson
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Investing is a dangerous thing.
You REALLY have to know the market. You are gambling that the market for that rifle will go UP.
Just because it is a LE, does NOT automatically mean that the price will go up. It may go up for a bit, then DROP and stay down.
Consider who can afford a rifle at that price. You have a pretty small market.

IMHO, you get a rifle like that because you can afford it and you want it, NOT for an investment.
Last edited by GaryN on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sillymike

Post by sillymike »

Limited run, from a manufacturer that isn't all that common on this side of the pond...
http://www.daystate.com/saxon.htm

+ Yes, price "might" go up (assuming you get a real good deal on it)
- But being so scarce might be more of a detriment.
- It's a "new" model...

Personally, for that $$ I'd probably get a Steyr (or whatever else strikes your fancy)