New ISSF Fore-end rule

Post by Jenni »

Hello ,

I need help understanding the new ISSF fore-end rules :

7.4.2.5 The lowest point of the fore-end may not be more than 120 mm
below the center-line of the bore.
7.4.2.6 Material that gives increased grip may not be added to the foreend,
pistol grip or lower part of the stock.

Does this mean that I can't stick a 30 mm deep peice of wood under the existing fore-end to get the 120 mm allowed?

If so , Where can I get a fore-end riser block ?

Thanks in advance

Jenni
TenMetrePeter

Re: New ISSF Fore-end rule

Post by TenMetrePeter »

The way I read it is yes you can fix a piece of wood under there up to 120mm but you cant add skate board tape or similar on it.
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

Why not make your own? All you need is two furniture bolts and a piece of wood. Total investment about $3.00 and 20 minutes time. File down the one end of the furniture bolt until it will,slide in the track. Drill two holes in the piece of wood, and affix to rifle.

You can get fancy and use mahogany or walnut, but I simply used a piece of pine. i also put three round recesses on the top side ofmthe wood piece (between the two bolt holes to hold lead weights. Allows you to modify the balance of the rifle (I was working with a rather light CZ200T).
abinok

Post by abinok »

Pheyden wrote:Why not make your own? All you need is two furniture bolts and a piece of wood. Total investment about $3.00 and 20 minutes time. File down the one end of the furniture bolt until it will,slide in the track. Drill two holes in the piece of wood, and affix to rifle.

You can get fancy and use mahogany or walnut, but I simply used a piece of pine. i also put three round recesses on the top side ofmthe wood piece (between the two bolt holes to hold lead weights. Allows you to modify the balance of the rifle (I was working with a rather light CZ200T).
Most hardware stores carry a 1/4x20 "t nut" with a rectangular base that perfectly fits european forend rails.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Do fore-end rails usually go near enough to the trigger guard to be a useful place to mount such a shelf? All of my rifles (for standing position) have had a plain fore-end at that position with rails in the forward position for hand stop or bipod. Probably needs holes drilled and screws fitted for standing where the advantage of 120mm will be most useful.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Simply make the palm block long enough to reach the trigger guard, and put the attachment screw in the forward part of the palm rest.

One I built for my 1413 actually slides around the front of the trigger guard, to so I only need one screw and the block stays put without trying to twist.
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

TenMetrePeter
Pheyden
abinok
Pat McCoy

I'll try making my own then , I just hope it passes future equipment controls

Thank you
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Provided the depth is less than 120 and the width less than 60 and you use plain wood and no tape I don't see why it would fail.

Dimensions D and I. In this new ISSF diagram the fore end height is even shown as adjustable.
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 09.17.19.jpg