Air Gun Tuning

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kacerrob

Air Gun Tuning

Post by kacerrob »

Could you provide a reference to a person that could give my Walther LGR Air Rifle a tune up? I haven't touched it for years and would like to try using it again in matches. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
TenMetrePeter

Re: Air Gun Tuning

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Have you tried just giving the barrel a pull through with 1 oily and 3 dry patches and just shooting it over a chrono? Is there anything specific that worries you.
Your country of residence and maybe State if in the USA might help locate someone you don't need to fly to.
kacerrob

Post by kacerrob »

Nothing concerns me but after sitting for a number of years I thought it may need new seals or something. I live in California, USA and will give it a try to see if it is accurate as I do not have anything to measure velocity.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

once you have the barrel clean and shot a few dozen pellets, cock it and leave for 2 minutes then see if it fires. if it does so convincingly then the seals are tight. Admittedly 30 year old polymers can break up at any time so hopefully someone knows a guy in your area if you want to be sure of another 30.
I recommend a British product Combro CB-625 http://www.chronoscopes.com/
Rover

Post by Rover »