FWB 2600 Universal Rear diopter "Click" values ......

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Art Keys

FWB 2600 Universal Rear diopter "Click" values ......

Post by Art Keys »

Hello everyone. I recently acquired a wonderful FWB 2600 U or Standard rifle. My question is about the rear Diopter sight "click" values. Is this rifle's (made in 1987 by FWB research) diopter a 20 click diopter or are the values less fine like 1/8 th??? When did the 20 click per revolution diopters start appearing on match rifles. I find that the light contour barrel to my liking. I would welcome any personal experience post. Did the FWB 2600 rifle have a fairly good reputation during its time period of current production? Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. I'll be posting pictures shortly. Regards Art Keys.
Tim S

Re: FWB 2600 Universal Rear diopter "Click" values ......

Post by Tim S »

Art,

I believe Feinwerkbau have a back catalogue of handbooks in PDF on their website. These give a definitive answer. I can say that German sights are typically 1/6 or 1/12 minute clicks; they actually calibrate in miliradians, whichctranslate as multiples of 3. If the turrets are numbered 0-9 you have 1/6 minute clicks; 0-19 gives 1/12 minuteclicks.

The 2600 wasn't as popular as the Anschutz, but it is a good rifle. The bolt is mechanically identical to the current 2700; I can't speak for the trigger, but I believe this may be too.
Art Keys

Post by Art Keys »

Tim S, Thank you for your response. It's exactly the info I was seeking. Bell well, regards Art
abinok

Post by abinok »

Its actually super easy to calculate the value of a click.
Do you by chance have a dial caliper, and a tape measure?
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

I believe that my FWB 2602 "Similar" had a 12 click sight. but what i am about to recomend may be more helpful.

I suggest that you get to a 100 yard range if available, shoot your rifle from a rest if you like and just sight in at 100 yards. once you have a solid zero, make a known adjustment 10-20 clicks be it vertical, or horizontal or both. us that number to calculate movement. for example:

100 yard shooting, if you made a 10 click adjustment and the grouping changed X amount you will have:

X per 10 Click: lets say X was 25mm (~1") now reduce those number and you are given: (2.5mm per click) or right around 1/10" per click at 100 yards.

using the inches can easily be converted to 1/10 MOA also.

hope that helps without clouding the water