New to me FWB 602!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

wquiles

New to me FWB 602!

Post by wquiles »

Just received my b-day present to myself a little early - an used (new to me) FWB602. My first ever 10M rifle!

I lusted for a nice 10M rifle since I first saw them on the Beeman Catalogs in the 80-90's, and I finally have one, left handed, since I am a lefty. I want to scope mine, so I know I need a "short gate", but otherwise this is ready to go "as is". I have not chronograh it myself yet (it is 24F here in Texas today - even cold for being in the garage!), but the seller was getting 598fps with RWS 7gr pellets - perfect for backyard mini-sniping happy.gif

Will
kevinweiho

Re: New to me FWB 602!

Post by kevinweiho »

Congrats, if you’re a bad shot, don’t blame the rifle but yourself! Ah, don’t get spoiled by the superb build, hair splitting accuracy, and match trigger. You may also want to add other match rifles/pistols to your collection, it can get addicting.
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

Yup, I can totally see myself getting spoiled by these 10M rifles!
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Congratulations on the FWB 602! It's a fantastic rifle... I know because I had one which I recently sold. I credit it for having gotten me so firmly hooked on 10 meter competition.

As far as the short loading gate goes, after a lot of effort, I gave up on the idea. The ONLY short loading gate you will be able to find is for the 601 (Cibles Canada Targets) and the diameter and length of the pins are NOT the same as on the 602. And the pins on the short gate need tiny c-clips on the ends to hold them in place and they do not come with the short loading gate.

I've been saying "short loading gate" when in actual fact when you buy it, it's NOT a short gate at all. It's up to you to cut it down to the length you need. The whole thing is a kludge at best.

And even with high mounting rings, the "short" gate wouldn't go all the way up and would hit the underside of my scope (of course not every scope is the same size though).

The reason I went through all that trouble was because of an online competition I was taking part in. It was a 50 foot challenge, and you were able to use a rest for the rifle. The targets we needed to use were virtually impossible to see properly with the diopter sights on the 602, and I tried my best with several spring guns (scoped) that I had. But it was really impossible, at least for me, to be competitive against some of the scoped PCP shooters, and I wanted to use the 602. And with the scope mounted, I did manage to shoot a perfect 200/200, but still lost out based on the number of X's shot. I had something like 8 X's, but real PCP shooters had 12 and more. In any case, I proved that the 602 was supremely accurate.

My suggestion is to keep the diopter sights on the gun and use it for what it's designed and excels at... 10 meter paper target shooting.

Cheers!
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

Gotcha - thanks. So it is not as bad as I though. Thanks for letting me know :)